November 27th 2019, 15:49:49

Lots more work on the QR related firmware updating. I will no longer require any registration, just scan the QR and download updates. It all felt too intrusive and irritating to have to register an account. Plus the cartridge can easily be sold on then with no ties to accounts.

November 22nd 2019, 15:36:54

There will be the same activation method on the Jaguar as well. CRT's aren't ideal for QR scanning, but it does work. A backup URL will also be present!

November 22nd 2019, 13:06:23

This is a bit of a hint at things to come for the hardware manufacture outsourcing.

I know it's not going to be universally popular, however when outsourcing like this you need some control over ip.

I'll make it as unobtrusive as possible, I promise!

November 20th 2019, 12:27:00

Working with retro hardware on a daily basis means I feel obliged to live in the moment -- the moment being 30 years ago, of course. Good thing the music was bloody awesome. Some Eldritch today. Amazing how music can completely alter mood, enthusiasm and energy levels. 🤔🤘🏻

November 18th 2019, 16:38:18

A couple of classic RetroHQ Lynx game carts going out to the lucky top two places of the Lynx coding contest organised by @TheAtariGamer! Awesome stuff! #AtariLynx #Programming

November 17th 2019, 22:02:30

Does anyone have photos of their programming setup from back in the 90’s? Please share if you do! It was a far more raw experience back then... 😄

My programming setup early 1993 as appeared in ST Format!
Awesome 12/75 modem and biscuit tin propping up the TV... 😆

Batman Group

November 17th 2019, 13:06:25

Pinball Dreams CPC reaches 12,000 downloads in the first month!
And to celebrate we have made a very limited physical edition to gift in gratitude to collaborators and friends who supported us during the development.
Thanks!
#Amstrad #PinballDreams

November 13th 2019, 14:31:21

And in the same vein, the new NeoPocket Game Drive label artwork! All steps closer to getting things happening again. 🙂

November 13th 2019, 13:29:55

With the whole Game Drive re-brand I'm also moving to new same-styled artwork for all the cartridges. This is the new Jaguar Game Drive label, other carts will follow. Original asset pack by @Namatnieks, used with permission. Sadly he wasn't available for commission! Superb work.

November 11th 2019, 17:27:00

Sorry for the lack updates recently, starting to get back on track. I'm working on sorting the Jaguar GD for production outsource in the background, but I've also been doing a bit more on the new Lynx GD as well!

November 5th 2019, 23:00:40

@emceebois @SmokeMonsterTWI @The_Phonedork The new Lynx GD is coming on well. I made a custom programming edge connector for it today for something different to do. Works nicely. Can’t see it being ready before Xmas though, lots to sort out for outsourcing manufacture. 😕

Bob from RetroRGB

November 5th 2019, 01:38:24

Wow, fuck you @KaicoLabs. Hey @Morrison, are you licensed to practice overseas? I'd love to start a kickstarter to fund a giant lawsuit against people like this who clone closed-source products.

RE-TWEET IF YOU WANT TO STOP CLONING IN THE RETRO GAMING SCENE.
@KaicoLabs I just noticed this announcement:

Welcome and here's my reply!

November 1st 2019, 20:46:32

I’ve thought of a very cool retro demo (C64, Speccy, CPC era) competition category. The V40 QR code category! 2953 bytes and add a QR scanner into some emulators. Bloody awesome. 😄

November 1st 2019, 15:27:51

When you put your mind to it, it’s interesting what optimisations you can find for outsourcing more areas of production without having to compromise on IP security. I should be able to have licensed producers of my hardware and also make production simplifier in one process.

News Archive

Latest Posts | December 2019 | November 2019 | October 2019 | September 2019 | August 2019 | July 2019 | June 2019 | May 2019 | April 2019 | March 2019 | February 2019 | January 2019